15 June 2010

Stately home gig perfect for James


a recent interview with James chatting about his up and coming show in Devon, why he loves the West Country, working on his new album and the possibility of road testing some new material this Summer.

Stately home gig perfect for James

Stately home gig perfect  for JamesVENUE VISIT: Singer James Morrison at Escot House, where he is due to perform a concert next month



BLUE skies and sunshine greeted soulful singer-songwriter James Morrison as he paid Escot Park a visit ahead of his summer gig in the grounds.


And he says ticket-holders may even be privy to some of the new, unheard material he hopes to showcase at the stately home just outside Exeter.


"I didn't choose the location," admits the Brit Award winner. "But if I had, I would definitely have chosen somewhere like Escot — I love playing outside gigs and being in the countryside. And I love that the park has a really nice historical building as well.


"Escot Park is the sort of place I'd come on my day off. I think the vast open space and all the nature is going to make it a great venue.



"When it starts to get dark it's just a magical time to be playing music outside. And the lighting makes it really atmospheric."


James, whose debut single You Give Me Something saw him shoot to fame in 2006, was on a whistle-stop visit to Exeter and Escot when I caught up with him.


As a teenager he lived near Newquay, and says his West Country roots gave him plenty of inspiration for his first album, Undiscovered.


"It's good to be back in the West Country," he said. "I love coming down here — I don't get down here enough and I do miss it. I lived in Cornwall for five years, and they were some of the best years of my life.


"I moved to Sussex because I like living by the beach. The vibe is similar to the West Country, it's more relaxed.


"I try to use people and things that are around me as inspiration, and my time in Cornwall definitely influenced songwriting, mainly because of the people I met."


Undiscovered sold over a million copies world wide by the end of 2006, making James the best-selling male solo artist that year in the UK. The following year he was nominated for three Brit Awards and was crowned the Best British Male Solo Artist.


His forthcoming concert at Escot is the last of ten gigs that he has lined up for June and July. Since his second album, Songs for You, Truths for Me, which was released in 2008, James has been spending time with his long-term girlfriend and young daughter.


He's now busy working on his third album which he hopes will be ready next spring.


"I'm writing all the time now, and I'm excited about these gigs because they'll get me out of the studio and get me gigging again," he said.


"I'm hoping to road test some of my new stuff at my gigs this summer, but I don't know for sure yet.


"It's always good to relate your album to what it's going to sound like live."



From here










剛剛我有嘗試翻譯,不過翻到最後越弄越零散

所以就放棄了XD





這訪問的內容應該不會太難,因為要查的單字沒有很多









簡之,James希望第三張專輯最快明年的春天準備好







Quote from the Yorkshire Evening Post:



"I'm lucky in that they're all really cool people who are into their music. But I am also conscious of being viewed as a bit middle of the road and I think my last album veered that way a bit, it lost its edge compared to the first album so I'm trying to do something different again with the third one."





 From new This Is Devon interview:

"I am always going to sing the same way, it's not going to be different to the point of me sounding completely different, that's just too unnatural. But I definitely want to break away from the format of songs I have been doing: verse, chorus, bridge and all that."



And yet another Devon interview:



"I want to write about this idea of an awakening of some kind.I've written a song with that title, which I'm really happy with. There's some funky digeridoo going on," he grins.


 


I'm liking where the third album is going ^^ <--WingYie



12 comments:

  1. 頭香!?

    期待James的新專輯!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我這邊人很少的 哈哈XD

      還要一陣子,如果一首一首有出現的話
      我一定會是第一個分享的:)

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:35 PM 回覆

      Delete
  2. 話說~昨晚看巴西對北韓~



    我竟然同情起北韓了XDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 東方人好像都沒有很擅長足球 0 . 0

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:36 PM 回覆

      Delete
  3. 北韓其實滿厲害的耶

    才輸巴西一球而已

    看看歷屆東亞的成績

    2002 巴西 VS 中國 4:0

    2006 巴西 VS 日本 4:1

    2010 巴西 VS 北韓 2:1

    雖然我一剛開始也看雖北韓= =

    不過他們那種一心想為國家奮鬥的精神還真的很令人感動xDDD

    尤其是那個鄭大世,我一開始還想說連踢都還沒開始踢就哭了是哪招XD







    恩其實

    你知道

    文章整篇都英文的

    我根本懶的看XDDDDDDDDDDD

    不過最後一句大概是重點吧(?)

    好吧我也一起期待JAMES專輯XDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 有逐年進步!!!!!!!!!XD
      哈哈哈哈哈哈 他太感動了阿XDDDD


      對呀為了以防萬一
      所以我有把重點打出來XD

      =)

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:37 PM 回覆

      Delete
  4. 這整篇我看完了耶

    真難得我可以看那麼多字XD(我是個不愛閱讀的傢伙)

    單字不懂的真的不多

    但是...腦袋就是沒辦法組合起來整句話的意思= =

    裡面我有看到"James的女兒"這句印象最深XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 恭喜JACK!!!!!!!! :D

      多閱讀是好的
      不過我想你比較會喜歡看ATL的文章XDD

      目前還不知道JAMES的女兒的面貌呢
      我想一定很可愛XDD

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:42 PM 回覆

      Delete
  5. 哈哈有時候真的會懶得翻譯lol

    這時候就是測試英文實力的好機會XD

    話說大家都在談世足

    馬的我這沒電視啊

    雖然下學期就會有,可比賽已經結束了啊....= =

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 花了很多時間翻 不過最後我覺得很沒有關連性XDD

      hinet網路電視 可以免費看喔~~ =)

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:42 PM 回覆

      Delete
  6. James要出新專輯了XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 現在還在製作ing~~XDD

      版主 於 July 3, 2010 05:43 PM 回覆

      Delete