2 February 2012

Frank Turner





Genres     Folk, folk-punk, hardcore punk, alternative rock





Frank Turner (born 28 December 1981) is an English folk/punk singer-songwriter from Meonstoke, Winchester. Initially the vocalist of post-hardcore band Million Dead, Turner embarked upon a primarily acoustic-based solo career following the band's split in 2005. To date, Turner has released four solo albums, two rarities compilation albums and four EPs. Turner began recording for his new album England Keep My Bones, in January 2011. It was released on 6 June 2011 in the UK, and 7 June 2011 worldwide.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Turner






He is lovely. 



他的歌幾乎都有輕快的吉他聲,很民謠

然後他的歌詞有些有髒話式的形容詞(F開頭的) 真的很可愛



His lyrics are beautiful.





Sleep Is for the Week (2007)



1. The Real Damage

2. Vital Signs

3. Romantic Fatigue

4. A Decent Cup of Tea

5. Father's Day

6. Worse Things Happen at Sea

7. My Kingdom for a Horse

8. Back in the Day

9. Once We Were Anarchists

10.Wisdom Teeth

11.The Ladies of London Town(Featuring Jamie Lenman)

12.Must Try Harder

13.The Ballad of Me and My Friends (Live recording at the Camden Barfly 8 August 2006)





Love Ire & Song (2008)

  I love this picture.

1. I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous

2. Reasons Not to Be an Idiot

3. Photosynthesis

4. Substitute

5. Better Half

6. Love Ire & Song

7. Imperfect Tense

8. To Take You Home

9. Long Live the Queen

10.A Love Worth Keeping

11.St Christopher Is Coming Home

12.Jet Lag





Poetry of the Deed (2009)



1. Live Fast Die Old

2. Try This at Home

3. Dan's Song

4. Poetry of the Deed

5. Isabel

6. The Fastest Way Back Home

7. Sons of Liberty

8. The Road

9. Faithful Son

10.Richard Divine

11.Sunday Nights

12.Our Lady of the Campfire

13.Journey of the Magi





England Keep My Bones (2011)



1. Eulogy

2. Peggy Sang the Blues

3. I Still Believe

4. Rivers

5. I Am Disappeared

6. English Curse

7. One Foot Before the Other

8. If Ever I Stray

9. Wessex Boy

10.Nights Become Days

11.Redemption

12.Glory Hallelujah





EPs

Campfire Punkrock (2006)

The Real Damage (2007)

Rock & Roll (2010)















http://frank-turner.com/


http://www.youtube.com/user/frankturner





The Ballad Of Me And My Friends is my favorite song.  



Frank Turner - The Ballad Of Me And My Friends with lyrics




Everybody’s got themselves a plan,

Everybody thinks they’ll be the man, including the girls.

The musicians who lack the friends to form a band are singer-songwriters,

The rest of us are DJ’s or official club photographers.

And tonight I’m playing another Nambucca show,

So I’m going through my phonebook, texting everyone I know,

And I quite a few I don’t, whose numbers found their way into my phone,

But they might come along anyway, you never really know.


None of this is going anywhere –

Pretty soon we’ll all be old,

And no one left alive will really care

About our glory days, when we sold our souls.


But if you’re all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.

We’re going nowhere slowly, but we’re seeing all the sights.

And we’re definitely going to hell,

But we’ll have all the best stories to tell.




This is an amazing live! The song starts at 0:50.






Frank Turner - My Kingdom For A Horse (live)












Frank Turner - Must Try Harder with lyrics




Mother loves me still despite

My failing health and lack of drive.

Shame on me, I could be so much better than I am.


Songs unfinished, post unopened,

Clothes unwashed and vows now broken.

Shame on me, I could be so much better than I am.


If I could just relax, then I could admit

That I don’t know what I want, but this is not it.

If I could just recall the dreams I had as a kid,

If I could just relax, if I could let my guard slip,

I’d be such a winner.








How lovely!


















No comments:

Post a Comment